I live in Los Angeles with my dog, Angel, a Black Russian terrier.
I spend my days writing and my evenings cooking for friends,
drinking wine or making cocktails, usually with rye, bourbon, or gin.
I am currently a student in the Bennington College Writing Seminars low-residency MFA program.
I prefer not to discuss my online shopping or television viewing habits.
- Writers Studio, student since 2018
- Writers Studio, teaching since October 2021
- Tin House Craft Workshop, An Occasion for the Telling, August 2022
- Community of Writers 2022 Fiction Workshop, July 2022
- Novel Workshop with Mark Sarvas, July 2019 – November 2020
- Writing Retreat, Mark Sarvas, March-April 2022
- UCLA Extension, Novel Workshop, February 2019
print & website clients/projects
- Katy Crowe, artist
- Coleen Sterritt, painter & sculptor
- Linda King, painter
- Ridgebacks & Friends, non-profit animal rescue
- RuPaul, entertainer
- Biscotti di Vecchio, online food sales
- Artes Vocales, non-profit performing arts
- Metropolitan Master Chorale, non-profit performing arts
- Patterson Education Therapy, educational consulting
- Ellen Sanchez Consulting, educational consulting
- Small Wonders Foundation, non-profit medical charity
- Mark Saltzman, composer
- Robert Masello, writer
- Keck Neuroscience Program, higher education
- Professor Cathy L. Reed, higher education
- Professor Alison Harris, higher education
- Christensen Music, music studio
- UCLA Extension Design Communication Arts certificate, advanced certificates in web design and graphic design
- UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management
- Scripps College BA Comparative Literature
- rupaul.com web design
- RuCo, Inc., business management/coordination for RuPaul, March 2016–November 2017
- Board President, Metropolitan Master Chorale, 2009–2014. Responsible for setting policy and daily operations of 60-member 501(c)(3) non-profit community performing arts organization. Acted as de facto Executive Director. Developed and managed databases for patron management, membership, music library, and fundraisers.
- Management Consultant, 1983–2009. As principal and/or project manager, directed and participated in strategic planning, operations and organizational reviews, management audits, and process reengineering for public sector, entertainment, education, and nonprofits.
early arts management
- Coordinator, Office of Charles and Ray Eames
- Orchestra Manager, Young Musicians Foundation
- Intern, KUSC Radio